Assist lawyers by investigating facts, preparing legal documents, or researching legal precedent. Conduct research to support a legal proceeding, to formulate a defense, or to initiate legal action.
Paralegal Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Paralegal to join our team.
- Keeping the case management system up to date;
- Working closely with Lawyers across the practice on a variety of transactions;
- Making initial phone calls and enquiries;
- Attending trial;
- Work with the attorneys to manage debt document databases, including regularly uploading new agreements and ensuring everything is current;
- Managing virtual data rooms and supporting deals by drafting documentation;
- Assist in the production of bills;
- Monitor & administer their client book, across both their corporate & funds divisions;
- Take an active part in promoting the firm through Social media channels such as Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook;
- prepare annual reports (to the OPG);
- Perform legal research in order to assist with the above (for example the Writers Guild of America Minimum Basic Agreement);
- Managing your own RTA caseload;
- Tax returns;
- Drafting important documentation;
- Identifying prospective clients or companies who are (or who are related to) politically exposed persons (PEPs) and/or determined to be high risk.
- Prior legal employment in a commercial law firm/ in-house preferred, work experience would also be recognized;
- Stellar academics;
- Excellent team working skills;
- Knowledge of law / legal practice;
- You will have a legal background with specific experience of intellectual property and patents;
- Excellent communication skills, and confident supporting Legal Analysts in both the US and UK;
- Prior experience with Land Registry applications / Portal processes;
- Prior knowledge of Evolution or other case management systems;
- Legal Practice Course qualification (with a minimum of a commendation achieved);
- Associate’s degree in paralegal studies, OR a bachelor’s degree in another field and a certificate in paralegal studies;
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook;
- Coding and indexing.