Senior Medical Writer / Principal Medical Writer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Medical Writer / Principal Medical Writer to join our team.
- Developing outlines of drafts and materials, ensuring projects are delivered to specification and timescales;
- Conducting reviews and quality checks for other writers, providing feedback;
- Assisting in the development of project costings, specifications and forecasting;
- Working across and leading on a mix of accounts across various therapy areas;
- Dealing with clients, including taking briefs and leading onsite meetings.
- Ability to adapt writing style to different materials and target audiences;
- Exceptional attention to detail in relation to both scientific content and editorial standards;
- Adept at communicating clearly and collaborating with colleagues;
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (particularly Word and PowerPoint);
- A life science graduate (preferably a PhD);
- Initiative and a high level of independent;
- Ability to rapidly learn and apply knowledge in previously unfamiliar therapy areas;
- Experience of client and HCP liaison;
- Experience of referencing software and database searching preferable;
- Highly organised and methodical;
- Outstanding writing, editing and communication skills and excellent command of the English language.