Conduct qualitative and quantitative chemical analyses or experiments in laboratories for quality or process control or to develop new products or knowledge.
Analytical Chemist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Analytical Chemist to join our team.
- Troubleshoot and maintain laboratory equipment;
- Contribute to the development, optimization and validation of analytical methods;
- Work collaboratively, exhibiting strong teamworking and communication skills;
- Maintain QC instruments in good working order and report any faults promptly;
- Participate in verification/validation of analytical methods, drafting method verification protocols/reports, and controlled analysis documents;
- Prepare out-of-specification (OOS) and deviation documentation as required;
- Interpret and describe analytical results, explaining them to a wider audience;
- Carry out QC review of analytical data;
- QC release raw materials from quarantine for use in GMP manufacture;
- Maintain accurate and clear laboratory records;
- Participate in the validation/qualification of laboratory equipment as necessary;
- ISO 17025 method validation;
- Undertaking development, validation and transfer of analytical methods;
- Ensuring all work is carried out to cGMP and strict industry compliance standards;
- Performing stability studies on client products.
- Hands on experience running HPLC, GC and / or UPLC;
- The ability to deliver to deadlines and take a proactive approach to problem solving;
- Experience working in an industrial laboratory to cGMP;
- A BSc in Chemistry or equivalent;
- Familiar with complex analytical instrumentation including HPLC and GC;
- Willingness to contribute to new ideas and initiatives;
- Experience as a practising analyst is highly desirable;
- Conscientious and meticulous in laboratory and written work;
- An appreciation of quality/regulatory standards and quality systems, in particular the relationship of the MHRA with the pharmaceutical industry;
- Proven problem-solving abilities;
- Computer Literate;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and as part of a team;
- Good time management skills and ability to work to tight deadlines;
- Experience in data evaluation using spreadsheet and statistical tools is desirable;
- Good theoretical grounding of chromatographic and spectroscopic techniques is essential.