Associate Scientist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Associate Scientist to join our team.
- Assay and instrument troubleshooting;
- Performing analysis of protein therapeutics using CD, FTIR and NMR;
- Protein characterisation using the latest technology;
- Responsible for compliant, clear and concise documentation and/or presentation of all experimental studies and results;
- Scientific problem solving;
- Execute laboratory studies to develop the cell process for autologous cell/ex vivo gene therapies;
- Researching specific analytical protocols, keeping aware of all the latest techniques;
- Support development of a portfolio of ex vivo gene therapies from early to late stage by executing development work and generating data;
- Maintain storage areas for customer test samples, dispose of samples via the appropriate waste stream as required;
- Conduct studies to develop and validate innovative technologies and approaches to make step-change improvements in process efficiency;
- Ensuring lab material and consumables are available;
- Maintaining lab equipment, making sure it’s always functioning, repairing and maintaining this as and when needed;
- Communication of analytical issues to the Senior Analytical Management Team.
- Extensive knowledge of protein chemistry;
- Previous experience using Bruker NMR is desirable, due to it being an area of development recognised by the team;
- PhD- relevant field or bachelor’s degree plus laboratory experience using spectroscopy techniques;
- Awareness of ICH guidelines;
- Proven track record of NMR usage.