Associate Transport Planner Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Associate Transport Planner to join our team.
- Implementation strategies;
- Site feasibility;
- Master plans and transport infrastructure schemes;
- Technical support and Project management;
- Transport assessments.
- Experience of local highway network analysis using microsimulation software (VISSIM);
- Experience of Town & Country Planning and Environmental Impact Assessment processes;
- Ability to generate new business and to manage staff;
- Significant experience in transport planning, engineering and modelling for developments and transport infrastructure schemes;
- Previous experience in a Consultancy environment;
- Experience of using relevant design guidance (e.g. DMRB, Manual for Streets, NPPF, cycling design standards etc.);
- Experience of local highway network analysis using related capacity analysis software (TRANSYT, PICADY, ARCADY, LINSIG etc.);
- Experienced contributor at client, stakeholder and public meetings;
- MSc Transport Planning or Engineering;
- Significant experience in the preparation of Transport Assessments, Travel Plans and Framework Construction Management Plans;
- Excellent report writing, oral communication and interpersonal skills;
- Experience of working within multi-disciplinary professional teams including architects, planners, project managers and engineering advisors;
- Membership of a relevant professional institution (CIHT, TPS, CILT);
- Proficiency in data collection, analysis and interpretation.