Clinical Development Director Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Clinical Development Director to join our team.
- Prepare Clinical Development Plans;
- Provide medically based advice to non-clinical and commercial colleagues;
- Provide input to the assessment of products in consideration for in-licensing;
- Interaction and support of Clinical operations, Regulatory affairs, Safety Risk management and Business development;
- Provide perspective and input on protocol design and support recruitment and study management activities including global study program leadership;
- Fully comply with all company policies and applicable laws, regulations, and ethical standards;
- Responsible for protocol development and medical/scientific oversight of clinical research studies involving new or marketed drugs being developed.
- Proven pharmaceutical clinical development experience, preferably with cardiovascular products;
- Medical degree or PhD with demonstrable industry experience;
- Expertise in clinical trial design, operations and interpretation of scientific data;
- Excellent communication and project management skills;
- Effectively scope, delegate tasks and allocate resources for meeting goals within project budget;
- Demonstrates the ability to champion global integration and coalition around core business strategies;
- Demonstrates skill incorporating financial data and deep industry knowledge to identify key business opportunities;
- Strong interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to function in a multidisciplinary team environment;
- Ability to identify and integrate patterns, trends and inconsistencies across multiple data sources to determine their broader implications;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Data Analysis, Interpretation & Communication;
- Demonstrates the ability to accelerate the decision-making process around complex issues by generating original, user friendly solutions;
- Board certified / eligible in oncology related clinical field and/or Industry Oncology Clinical Development experience;
- Research background in design and implementation of clinical studies;
- Excellent writing and communication skills.