Experimental Physicist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Experimental Physicist to join our team.
- Develop simulations of radiation detectors and medical imaging systems using GEANT4/GATE software;
- Plan and carry out the experimental evaluation of radiation detectors and analyse the results;
- Report writing and presentation of results;
- Develop and articulate new ideas and concepts;
- Working within an experienced team of scientists and engineers on research and design of detector systems, collimators and algorithms.
- High standard of data analysis and critical thinking;
- Knowledge and practical experience of radiation detector instrumentation;
- Demonstrated experience of physics simulation tools, such as GEANT4, GATE, GAMOS, MCNP, COMSOL or similar;
- Medical Image reconstruction knowledge and experience;
- An excellent degree 2.1 or above in Physics;
- Able to present to customers and in a conference or sponsor environment;
- Understanding of radiation detector electronics, signal generation, interfacing and data processing;
- Willingness to travel both within the UK and internationally;
- Experience in simulating and working with imaging systems;
- Experience of programming languages, such as C++, ROOT, Python;
- Ability to research and select new physics concepts and ideas and to implement them in a simulation model;
- Demonstration of the delivery of the essential requirements in an industrial environment.