Formulation Scientist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Formulation Scientist to join our team.
- assess the cleaning performance and stability of cleaning product formulations using manual and automated assays;
- Prepare and characterise prototypes;
- Liaise with the wider R&D organisation to ensure understanding of test protocols and timely delivery of Safety and Regulatory clearance for studies;
- generate robust data packages to support patenting, data publication and product claim generation;
- support the development and validation of parallelised and automated cleaning assays;
- Work closely with project teams to understand programmes and related clinical testing requirements;
- formulate new hard surface cleaning product formulations;
- The job holder will be required to present to the project team or expertise group including line managers and senior expertise group leaders;
- Co-ordinate all information and compile required documentation, etc.
- Experience in formulation development (experience in skin care / topical drug delivery would be desirable);
- PhD, MSc or BSc (or equivalent) in a relevant field;
- Experience working with analytical tools such as HPLC and UV spectroscopy;
- Experience with nano-technology, Liposome or Silicon Nanoparticles would be highly advantageous;
- Drug delivery system experience is essential;
- Ability to work to tight deadlines using dynamic problem-solving skills required;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills required;
- Good team working skills required;
- Some formulation knowledge (in particular of beauty and personal care products preferred);
- A general awareness of category brands, consumer needs and category technology knowledge is also preferred;
- Degree in physical sciences (or equivalent previous experience) required;
- A rigorous approach and attention to detail required.