Conduct chemical and physical laboratory tests to assist scientists in making qualitative and quantitative analyses of solids, liquids, and gaseous materials for research and development of new products or processes, quality control, maintenance of environmental standards, and other work involving experimental, theoretical, or practical application of chemistry and related sciences.
Lab Analyst Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Lab Analyst to join our team.
- Enter results onto LIMS to assist with the generation of accurate and timely data in line with client expectations and UKAS standards;
- Preparation of samples as identified from work schedules;
- Generate, record and report analytical data in line with departmental procedures;
- Complete work and documentation to standards of compliance designated by external Regulatory bodies and internal Company procedures;
- Ability to suggest improvements and generate ideas;
- Have a good attendance and time keeping record in accordance with general working practices of the department;
- Investigate atypical results using basic problem-solving techniques;
- Consultation with the Divisional Manager when insufficient resources are available to fulfill the duties of the Department;
- Maintenance, storage and labelling of adequate stocks of reagents and standards;
- Assistance in the maintenance of QC and sample data in an accurate and ordered manner in compliance with the companies’ quality systems;
- Interpretation of chromatographic data.
- Experience of the theory and practice of validating HPLC/UPLC methodology is preferred;
- Experience of testing inhalation products is preferred but not essential;
- Take a positive approach to own training;
- Experience of HPLC analysis is strongly preferred;
- Good decision making and problem-solving skills;
- To work efficiently with supervision or unsupervised as required;
- Good organisational, interpersonal, and time management skills;
- Demonstrate concern for safety and GMP when carrying out work;
- Understanding of basic statistics;
- Good communication skills;
- Experience of the development and optimisation of HPLC/UPLC methodology is preferred;
- Knowledge of Analytical Chemistry and its practical application in a non-academic setting;
- Similar Industry experience is desirable (Environmental Testing Lab);
- Worked in a fast paced lab environment with a high volume of samples;
- BSc in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Forensic Science, Applied Science, Physics, Maths, Geochemistry (No Phd’s).