Conduct tests to determine quality of raw materials, bulk intermediate and finished products. May conduct stability sample tests.
Laboratory Analyst Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Laboratory Analyst to join our team.
- Equipment Calibration;
- The Operations Manager or their deputy is kept informed of any issues that are likely to affect the chemical operations;
- Providing high quality standardised methodology execution in accordance to company and/or external authority requirements such as:;
- Providing analytical and technical support to the Fuels Additive Plant, Recovered Sulphuric Acid Plant and online analysis;
- Maintaining and developing QC laboratories, including consumables and associated equipment;
- Providing advice to customers on results of testing and other issues relating to product analysis;
- Complying with principles of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP);
- Providing ‘on call’ technical support for QC related issues;
- Undertaking and coordinating testing using established test methods;
- Interpretation of test data and provision of meaningful conclusions based on test results;
- Conforming to site and lab Health, Safety and Environment requirements;
- Ensuring compliance with relevant quality and accreditation procedures;
- Adherence to global/site methods and site SOP’s;
- Maintenance of existing test equipment and developing/commissioning of new test methods and equipment as required.
- Demonstrable laboratory experience with experimental test methods;
- Previous experience of working in a laboratory environment ideally within the fuels and lubricants sector;
- Full driving license;
- Excellent record keeping;
- A Degree or equivalent in a relevant Science subject plus some relevant industrial experience;
- Some industry-gained experience of laboratory work – essential (this could be during a placement year or since graduating);
- Good attention to detail;
- Laboratory, QC and synthetic knowledge;
- Previous experience working in a fast paced lab environment with a high volume of samples;
- Experience with analytical HPLC and wet chemistry techniques working within in an industrial setting;
- Great communication skills;
- Driving license and own transport – essential;
- Used to working in a fast paced lab environment;
- Knowledge or experience of working in a highly regulated GMP environment;
- A BSc in Chemistry or equivalent.