Perform standardized qualitative and quantitative tests to determine physical or chemical properties of food or beverage products.
Laboratory Assistant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Laboratory Assistant to join our team.
- To implement and monitor Quality controls procedures;
- Reception and testing bulk wine deliveries and pre-shipment samples;
- Preparing and posting samples;
- The completion of relevant Q.C Documentation;
- Ensure all wines stored in a tank farm are checked and inform QA Manager of any issues;
- Sampling for independent analytical and microbiological;
- Communicate with tank room operatives to ensure customer specification is adhered to and appropriate quality standards;
- Ensure that the sample received from the tanker is analysed and conforms to EU regulations as well as customer specifications;
- Accurately updating changes to quality systems documents;
- Ensure correct paperwork/security tags on incoming deliveries prior to offload;
- Carrying out QC checks on equipment and procedures and maintaining these records in accordance with accreditation guidelines;
- Routine laboratory testing;
- Raw Material Inspection;
- Minutes taking in meetings and typing up handwritten notes;
- Interpreting results i.e. to be alert to over-limit or out of the ordinary results and to inform the laboratory technician of out of spec results.
- Laboratory experience, either industrial or educational;
- Degree or relevant experience in Chemistry;
- Previous experience of working in a laboratory;
- Good timekeeping and punctuality;
- Good standard of education in English and Maths;
- Level 3 in HACCP and internal auditing would be advantageous, but not essential.