Lead Data Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Lead Data Engineer to join our team.
- Promote and champion agile development principles;
- Stakeholder management and stakeholder engagement to drive change;
- Take responsibility for assisting the personal development of the other engineers on the team, mentoring, coaching and pairing with them;
- To lead the advancement of our Data Warehousing Roadmap through prioritisation and resource allocation;
- To advise and provide on-going support for developed BI technical architecture and Data Services;
- To write and advise on best practice for internal documentation regarding each delivery;
- To engage key stakeholders to explain our capabilities and understand their requirements through daily communication;
- Lead the Data Force team across multiple arms of the organisation working with peers in Product, Architecture & others;
- Give technical leadership, fully participating in key technical decisions and discussions.
- Have experience in a similar position where you have mentored or managed members of the team;
- Experience using experimentation to drive product changes and gain audience insights;
- Experience with multiple programming languages such as python and Scala;
- Experience working with managed cloud services (eg AWS Kinesis, Athena, Google BigQuery);
- Experience developing in the cloud with AWS or Snowflake;
- Understand the process of developing data stores and data warehouses and have hands on experience in doing so in a previous role;
- Currently line manging a team of Data Engineers, with proven experience in mentorship, performance reviews, and code reviews;
- Proven experience in data development in a big data/ Hadoop and cloud data warehouse using SQL or SQL based ETL capabilities;
- Solid knowledge or prior experience in technical and architectural discussions, working closely with Data Scientists;
- Strong commercial hands-on experience as a Data Engineer, building ETL pipelines in Python/AWS and building out real-time platforms;
- Have a deep understanding of the processes, skills and technologies which are needed to deliver complex development solutions for a business;
- Educated to a bachelor’s degree level in Computer Science or a related field;
- Experience building data pipelines and implementing analytics models.