Microbiology Technician – Sterility Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Microbiology Technician – Sterility to join our team.
- Inputting of results on a laboratory information management system;
- Monitoring and care of equipment;
- Preparation of pharmaceutical and medical device products for sterility runs;
- Working in compliance with GMP, GLP and the policies and procedures of the company’s Quality system;
- Routine sterility testing in a half-suit isolator in a Grade D cleanroom (membrane filtration, direct inoculation and SteriTest® methods);
- To ensure that work is carried out in accordance with the supplied methodology, to obtain accurate results;
- Collating data for laboratory records for the preparation of reports and for compliance with quality procedures for work performed;
- Undertaking routine basic laboratory duties and/or clerical duties unsupervised, documenting work in compliance with company procedures.
- Experience working to GMP and GLP guidelines is desirable;
- Accurate data-recording capability;
- Experience of sterility testing is highly desirable;
- Experience working in isolators/glove boxes is highly desirable;
- Organisational skills;
- Knowledge and experience of microbiological and aseptic techniques;
- Ability to prioritise well under pressure;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Degree or equivalent experience in a relevant science, especially Microbiology;
- Capable of working independently or within a team;
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication.