Microbiology Technician Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Microbiology Technician to join our team.
- Incubation of samples;
- Investigating EM excursions and out of specification results;
- Sample processing for external testing;
- Sterility testing of finished products;
- Trending of results and report-writing;
- Reading of plates and liquid media and evaluation of results;
- Writing and review of procedures, protocols and records relating to job role;
- Carry out environmental monitoring program;
- Species-level identification of isolates;
- Documentation and data entry of all results.
- Minimum Degree Microbiology/related Science or relevant experience;
- The role holder is expected to work with minimal supervision against the agreed work programme; including work within clean areas;
- Good communication and report-writing skills;
- Previous experience in working within a laboratory or pharmaceutical, microbiology or healthcare industries would be beneficial.