Develop tools, implement designs, or integrate machinery, equipment, or computer technologies to ensure effective manufacturing processes.
Scientist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Scientist to join our team.
- Be seen as a technical expert and actively present experimental findings;
- Maintain high standards and seek improvements within the testing conditions;
- Contribute ideas and establish protocols and protocol improvements;
- Taking on project work, breaking it down to sizeable tasks and scheduling work for themselves and others;
- Review manufacturing records;
- Manage and maintain a GMP manufacturing facility to meet FDA, EU and MHRA guidelines;
- Working within the manufacturing teams in a cleanroom environment;
- Execute analytical assays to better characterise T-cells;
- Explore and define any processes that are critical to the production of T-cells;
- Prepare, review and revise SOPs and manufacturing reports;
- Ensure conformity to the Quality Management System;
- Analyse results, solve problems and troubleshoot assays;
- Contribute to the development and production of T-cell based therapies;
- The successful candidate will work on multiple customer projects focusing on in silico assessments and computational design of diverse proteins;
- You’ll also have the opportunity to work collaboratively as part of cross-functional, multidisciplinary project teams.
- Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills, ability to analyse and interpret data;
- Experience working with lentiviral vectors and primary human T cells is highly desirable;
- Experience with T cell therapy manufacturing or an extensive immunology background;
- Familiarity with GMPs in conformance with EU, FDA and MHRA standards;
- Familiar with biomolecular simulation techniques, including molecular dynamics;
- Experience in performance evaluation of technologies/formulations within Personal Care and Home Care is desirable;
- Passionate about quality and customer service is essential;
- Experience of aseptic working, microplate inoculation and microbiological evaluation is required;
- Ability to generate high quality reports and promote effective communication with the customer;
- Experience of delivering process improvement would be desirable;
- PhD or equivalent in Structural Biology, Chemistry, Physics or Bioinformatics preferably with experience in industry;
- Experienced working in Linux environment and scripting (knowledge of Python is essential; Perl is an advantage);
- Proven ability to manage Logistics, COSHH, Safety and be able to work flexibly;
- Some industrial background in microbiology would be ideal;
- Advanced analytical and critical problem-solving skills, combined with scientific creativity.