Senior Policy Adviser Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Policy Adviser to join our team.
- Build and maintain relationships with key policy stakeholders and represent the organisation at relevant external meetings and events;
- Provide expert and strategic policy and influencing advice to the colleagues across the organisartion;
- Lead on cross-organisational policy influencing projects in collaboration with colleagues from other key departments;
- Provide expert and strategic policy and influencing advice across the organisation, including senior leadership;
- Lead on cross-organisational policy influencing projects in collaboration with colleagues from other departments;
- With the Policy Manager, support the planning and delivery of policy influencing activity;
- Write or oversee the drafting of credible persuasive, evidence-based policy briefings, documents, reports, blogs and messages.
- Experience of the health sector;
- Experience of senior engagement with policy makers;
- The ability to produce clear, high quality briefings and reports and use social media effectively;
- Excellent working knowledge of the external policy environment relating to health inequalities and levers for policy change;
- Understanding of research methods and ability to apply evidence in policy development;
- Ability to understand the needs of the service user and experience of effective user involvement in policy development.