Plan, direct, or coordinate activities in such fields as life sciences, physical sciences, mathematics, statistics, and research and development in these fields.
Senior Scientist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Scientist to join our team.
- As a Senior Medicinal Chemist you will present your finding at technical project meetings;
- Responsible for ensuring timely completion of all relevant deliverables;
- Working within a team to achieve results;
- Ensuring that all activities are carried out in compliance with all regulations and laws governing business and quality operations;
- May lead one or more aspects of scientific discipline within each team;
- Write technical justifications to provide evidence that stability studies meet MDR requirements;
- Innovate in the field of cellular assay development and cellular mechanism-of-action;
- To be an effective team member in supporting Discovery Projects to meet their objectives;
- Providing expert interpretation of the data, identifying innovative solutions to problems and putting forward plans for further experiments;
- To design working protocols and systems for quantitative mass spectrometric immunoassay verification;
- To contribute to the interpretation of experimental data and play a significant role in the planning of further experiments;
- Delivering in vitro data according to the study plan as agreed with the team leader or project supervisor;
- Maintaining an awareness of current developments in the literature to support projects;
- Generating and maintaining clear experimental records;
- To maintain an awareness of current developments in the literature and to make effective use of appropriate literature search tools.
- MSc/PhD level in Cell Biology, Virology or similar field;
- Proven experience in a similar role within industry;
- PhD level qualification in Materials Science, Crystallisation or equivalent;
- Technical and experimental ability to deliver data from the lab;
- Demonstrable experience solving scientific problems;
- Master’s degree or PhD with demonstrated application of genomics, or relevant experience (>3 years) working in genomics focused laboratories;
- Experience in process modelling;
- Experience in management of NGS data;
- Breadth and depth of molecular and cellular biology knowledge, and skills (PCR, sequencing library preparation);
- Experience in materials science;
- Demonstrated track record in implementation of cutting edge genomics workflows;
- Strong enterprise behaviour working within multidisciplinary teams;
- Experience using robotic automation to enable genomics workflows;
- Lab-based drug discovery experience in academic or pharmaceutical company setting;
- NGS data analysis skills (Unix, Linux, R).