Senior Transport Planner Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Transport Planner to join our team.
- Have an understanding of the principles of traffic modelling and traffic modelling data. About you;
- Have a good understanding of transport policy, including recent developments in national and regional policy;
- Ability to work collaboratively to promote and present innovative transport planning solutions;
- Ability to prepare high-quality funding bids and lobby for investment;
- Ability to lead on the delivery of major transport schemes and experience of working within a recognised project management framework.
- Transport Planner with 8+ years of experience;
- Able to work accurately and with attention to detail;
- Degree qualification in civil engineering, transportation, geography, economics or similar;
- IT Literate, capable of using MS Word, Excel and other office packages;
- Budget and quality management at project level;
- Chartered status with the CMILT or equivalent;
- Stakeholder engagement;
- Good level of numeracy;
- Able to prioritise and organise own work with minimum supervision, working to deadlines and with competing priorities;
- Able to work to deadlines and with competing priorities;
- Public Consultation;
- Scheme appraisal and business case preparation;
- BA/BSc/BEng in an appropriate field. e.g. geography, planning or engineering and/or a transport related post-graduate qualification;
- Experience of liaising and working with partners and agencies;
- Transport Assessment and Travel Planning experience Junction modelling / analysis and experience of relevant software packages.