Synthetic Chemist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Synthetic Chemist to join our team.
- Produce and review GMP compliant Batch Synthesis Instructions and other process documentation;
- Maintain Laboratory Notebook, ensuring that this is countersigned;
- Work flexibly across the site to meet business needs;
- Work with due regard to health &safety of self and others;
- Provide cover as required, for scale up and manufacturing phases;
- Participate in process risk assessments for process to be scaled up on site;
- Required to develop and realise synthetic chemistry plans for medicinal chemistry programmes with high scientific rigour;
- Maintain high personal synthetic productivity and be seen as a role model for others in the laboratory;
- Must be able to communicate effectively their research endeavours and future proposals;
- Provide advice and direction on synthetic organic chemistry issues to colleagues.
- An excellent record in Synthetic organic chemistry, either at Doctoral level or Graduate with minimum of one year’s relevant industrial experience;
- A PhD/D.Phil and postdoctoral research experience in total synthesis;
- First class degree or equivalent in chemistry.