Synthetic Organic Chemist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Synthetic Organic Chemist to join our team.
- Communicating effectively with your team and show flexibility when priorities change;
- Preparing customer reports according to specific customer requirements, upholding the highest level of scientific integrity;
- Showing enthusiasm for learning new skills and will be expected to assist with routine tasks;
- Responsible for the synthesis of novel drug-like molecules destined for biological testing;
- As the synthetic organic chemist, you will also need to communicate and liaise with internal and external customers;
- You will utilise your scientific expertise and chemical databases to generate solutions to problems;
- You will also need to complete written reports to represent results to a high standard;
- Custom synthesis projects on small, kilo, lab scale and up to 20 litre scale;
- Synthesis and working with highly potent active pharmaceutical ingredients (API).
- Knowledge of working to Kilo scales in synthetic chemistry;
- Chemistry Degree;
- Amino Acid (protection, de-protection, classical wet chemistry) experience would be a distinct advantage;
- Independently formulate and execute experiments and other plans of work;
- Highly organised and self-motivated;
- A desire to help customers and build a commercially successful range of chemical products;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- The ability to self-manage and effectively organise work schedules;
- Specific experience of synthesis and purification of NFAs or similar molecules;
- The ability to learn and solve problems in a small team in both business and chemistry.