Traffic Planner Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Traffic Planner to join our team.
- Proactively work to reduce late deliveries and missed time slots;
- Liaise with internal/external customers to resolve problems;
- Ensuring that all drivers are aware of SAFED and be actively involved in improving SAFED achievements to goals;
- Carry out tasks largely unsupervised to cost and quality standards;
- Monitoring compliance and work with drivers and Compliance in order to eliminate infringements;
- Developing relationships with external customer;
- Collect, analyse and distribute information/data;
- Provide professional/specialist advice both internally and externally;
- Plan ahead – tasks and resources;
- Specify and ensure levels of support service are in place;
- Booking driver agency staff depending on workload;
- Maintain computerised system such as Road Runner. Have the skills to use excel spread sheet;
- Prioritise and co-ordinate workloads;
- Provision of general support appropriate to the management as required;
- Maintain computerised system (Stirling) as well as undertaking tasks using Excel spreadsheets.
- Team player with a flexible Can Do attitude;
- Company/Industry Knowledge – Distribution/Logistics/Supply Chain Environment;
- Computer skills – Stirling (training will be provided), Excel;
- Geographical knowledge;
- Good communication skills, interaction at all levels internal and external.