Prepare studies for proposed transportation projects. Gather, compile, and analyze data. Study the use and operation of transportation systems. Develop transportation models or simulations.
Transport Planner Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Transport Planner to join our team.
- Day-to-day management of Drivers including motivating, developing and inspiring your team;
- Act as a customer interface;
- Ensure all customer requirements (both internal and external) are satisfied on a daily basis;
- Be the first line of support to drivers’ queries;
- Lead daily briefs/de-briefs with all drivers to ensure a clear understanding of the day ahead;
- Maintain driver records electronically and in paper format;
- Coordinate transport services for customer orders, using Oracle Transport Management system;
- Select transport modes, logistics service providers, considering the agreed selection parameters;
- Uploading all important documentation regarding this onto the system;
- Help drives with any route queries;
- Masterplanning exercises;
- Ensure deliveries and collection are completed on time;
- Managing the Sub – Contractors;
- Working closely with a variety of departments within the organisation;
- Liaising directly with 3 rd party transport suppliers.
- Ability to communicate well at all levels;
- Previous Transport recruitment experience would be advantageous but not essential;
- Strong background in administration and preferably some customer service;
- Excellent team working skills;
- Previous experience in a similar multi drop role is essential;
- Experienced in working with various in house departments to ensure the smooth running of the Transport department;
- Experience in an operational role in a logistics or haulage business;
- Must be IT literate (Including working knowledge of Microsoft Excel;
- Current HGV 1 Licence or 7.5 Tonne & Drivers CPC (Not Essential);
- Undergo security vetting in accordance with government policies;
- Excellent UK geographical transport knowledge;
- Experience in wholesale distribution ideal;
- Very computer literate;
- Experience working in transport;
- Excellent customer service skills.