Assistant Director of Finance Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Assistant Director of Finance to join our team.
- Demonstrate leadership skills through the effective management of the Finance team;
- Manage the closure of accounts, annual budget process and completion of key annual government returns;
- Manage and monitor performance and resources within the function to ensure the delivery of high quality services;
- Ensure constructive relationships are maintained between the council and partner organisations;
- Responsible for ensuring and continually improving robust financial controls;
- Deputise for the Director of Finance as required;
- Provide operational leadership and advice on statutory and technical public finance functions;
- Proving effective leadership, being performance and delivery focused;
- Producing the medium- and long-term financial plans highlighting key operational, funding or covenant compliance issues;
- Working with the other finance leads to implement process and system improvements;
- This list is not exhaustive, for further details please apply and make contact.
- A process improvement outlook;
- ACCA, CIMA (ACMA) or ACA (ICAEW) Qualified;
- Intermediate MS Excel and exposure to a reporting BI tool such as Hyperion;
- A larger company background (desirable e.g. FTSE listed, large bluechip corporate);
- Team management exposure.