Business Development Executive – Retail Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Business Development Executive – Retail to join our team.
- Following up promptly on prospective shop enquiries, grabbing the plate while it’s hot;
- Tracking and exceeding sales targets, helping to build a quality network of brilliant shops;
- Being an expert on the product, and distilling this into a form local businesses can understand;
- Contacting and speaking with local shops, to get them excited about the product;
- Managing your own sales pipeline, and the CRM tools that go with it;
- Qualifying interested shops, ensuring that they’re a good fit for the technology;
- Converting interested shops into clients, before passing them to the onboarding team to get them up and running;
- Sharing shop feedback with the wider sales and product teams, helping them constantly refine and improve the product and messaging;
- Proactively identifying new opportunities, driving growth into new areas.
- Highly driven and results orientated;
- University degree;
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills;
- A strong communicator, both written and over the phone;
- Interest in all things retail;
- Some sales, retail or technology experience.