The Business Development Executive is responsible for developing new market initiatives, assessing new markets, and analyzing business opportunities. Plans and directs all aspects of an organization’s business development policies, objectives, and initiatives. Being a Business Development Executive may also be accountable for licensing initiatives and programs; duties include negotiating contracts, initiating proposals, and closing deals. Conducts financial feasibility studies and develops proposals for new business opportunities. In addition, Business Development Executive requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to top management. The Business Development Executive manages a business unit, division, or corporate function with major organizational impact. Establishes overall direction and strategic initiatives for the given major function or line of business. Has acquired the business acumen and leadership experience to become a top function or division head.
Business Development Executive Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Business Development Executive to join our team.
- Lead Generation;
- Influencing over the phone;
- Continuously train and develop your sales and negotiation skills both over the phone and face to face;
- Maintain and develop a customer portfolio through sales methods;
- Own and deliver the sales prospecting activity in the midlands;
- Regularly convert opportunities from the Pipeline;
- Identifying new areas for lead generation and sales growth;
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organisation;
- Proactively look for opportunities to up sell products and services to enhance the customer experience and increase revenue;
- Targeted cold calling from a list of qualified leads;
- Developing business with new and existing customers;
- Working from industry specific data and resources to identify new business potential from target markets;
- To complete all paperwork to the required standard, ensuring smooth communication to sales and operations;
- Identify decision makers in & analyse how we can help them;
- Keeping on top of market trends, maintain product knowledge and understand competitor products current and future.
- Proven track record of winning new business;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Strong work ethic “no job is to big or too small”;
- Ambitious, driven to succeed, and wants to grow with the company;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: able to talk to C-level;
- A BA/BS degree and at least 4 years of professional outbound sales experience;
- Any other relevant Business or Sales qualifications;
- Confident working with data with a good working knowledge of Excel and some PowerPoint;
- Have confidence when presenting and speaking to Heads of Department as well as C-Level Executives;
- Ability to learn and take on new ideas, with a passion for learning and self-improvement;
- Resilience, perseverance, and the ability to overcome objections a must;
- Management and organisation of own time;
- Energy for being in a highly visible role that is core to the performance of a small but growing organisation;
- Aptitude for cold calling and appointment setting;
- Customer service experience within a customer relationship or account management role.