The Manager of Business Operations develops and implements company policies and procedures as well as ensures compliance with these procedures. Manages general activities of an organization’s operations in a non-manufacturing environment. Being a Manager of Business Operations prepares reports and audits to monitor and improve operations effectiveness. Evaluates and enhances current operational systems. In addition, Manager of Business Operations may coordinate communication between different functions. Requires a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent. Typically reports to a senior manager or head of unit/department. The Manager of Business Operations manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. Extensive knowledge of department processes. Working as a Manager of Business Operations typically requires 5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. 1 to 3 years supervisory experience may be required.
Business Operations Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Business Operations Manager to join our team.
- Decide which tools/technologies we should be using in all parts of the business;
- Ongoing reporting and analysis on how the business is operating against agreed targets;
- Ensure very high data integrity and safety;
- Liaise with the senior Finance and Procurement teams to assist in budgets and financial reports;
- Maintain a full library of latest sales and marketing materials;
- Providing administrative support to the sales team;
- Direct and coordinate communications and processes to benefit sales team;
- Identify efficiencies and better practices to optimise sales cycle & operations;
- Set junior staff objectives, develop and implement plans to evaluate staff performance;
- Resident expert and ‘go-to’ person across key sales and revenue tools;
- Strong understanding of license agreements;
- Use a range of software, including email, spreadsheets and databases, to ensure the efficient running of the office;
- Research new software and take responsibility for implementation;
- Recruitment and management of junior staff;
- Managing staff training and employee relations.
- Ability to deliver quality data reports with strong narrative and objectives;
- Extremely inquisitive and proactive;
- 50% delivery actions, data analysis and developing solutions;
- 20% stakeholder management;
- Operationally-minded with an unflinching desire for best practices & processes;
- A genuine interest in movies, music & TV;
- Ability to manage myriad tasks while delivering high quality work;
- A good analytical/numerical degree (2:1 or higher);
- 30% project planning and project management;
- Skilled in Microsoft Excel, Google docs, PowerPoint;
- A methodical and logical thinker. Creative reasoning too;
- Demonstrable ability to solve problems;
- Minimum 2 years experience in a biz ops role, sales role or similar;
- Experience with Salesforce CRM.