Clinical managers oversee a specific department, such as nursing, surgery, or physical therapy, and have responsibilities based on that specialty. Clinical managers set and carry out policies, goals, and procedures for their departments; evaluate the quality of the staff’s work; and develop reports and budgets.
Clinic Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Clinic Manager to join our team.
- Ensuring continuity across the service provision and deputising where appropriate for the Managing Coordinator;
- Maintain and develop external relationships that will extend the influence of this service and benefit the client’s needs;
- Provide the necessary leadership to the therapeutic team to ensure the service delivers professional and ethical interventions;
- Create the environment and culture where the therapeutic team deliver and evolve an effective and high quality service that meets client needs;
- Maintain and evolve the necessary relationship with training providers to ensure the service has the appropriate supply and mix of resource;
- Working in partnership with the internal stakeholders, capitalise on income generation opportunities to achieve a financially sustainable service;
- Work closely with the Homes catering staff to ensure that diets are nutritionally balanced and appropriate to the special needs of each resident;
- Ensure all nursing/care procedures for the home are current and being adhered too;
- Work with and manage the relationship with the home’s GP surgery;
- Operate the home’s agreed admissions procedure, including assessing new residents;
- Ensure that staff at Vale House use specialist colleagues for guidance e.g. SALT, Tissue Viability;
- Manage the training, development and appraisal for all nursing/care staff;
- Keep overall control of medical and nursing supplies;
- Manage the deployment of all nursing/care staff making the most appropriate use of staffing resources;
- Lead on creating a warm, safe and friendly environment which fully reflects the philosophy of care in the Home.
- Ability to negotiate and influence outcomes;
- To ensure the Clinic team influences and advises potential patients on the most suitable and appropriate solution for their needs;
- Demonstrate confidentiality, integrity and discretion;
- To recruit, induct, coach & support the team to ensure that all staff within the Clinic meet the acceptable levels of knowledge and competence;
- To maximise conversion opportunities with the patients to our premier treatments in both refractive and optical products;
- Adaptable with a flexible approach to work;
- To promote team work between the professional, clinical and retail teams;
- Articulate and presentable with meticulous attention to detail;
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and well presented;
- Leadership skills;
- Relevant qualifications;
- Organisation, attention to detail and a strong understanding of medical and CQC regulations;
- Good communication skills;
- Registered nurse or strong clinical background;
- Experience working with high needs dementia patients.