Commercial Finance Director Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Commercial Finance Director to join our team.
- Monitor market and existing customers risk and opportunity trends with the aim to growing and retaining revenue;
- Ensure all commercial activities meet or improve on budget, cost, volume and efficiency targets for short and long-term plans of the region;
- Act on behalf of the region in Global financial planning and negotiation;
- Research and build business plans with the Regional Leadership on new/emerging growth markets and new commercial strategies;
- Collate, monitor, analyse and educate on value drivers (“Metrics/KPIs”) of the UKI territory to its sales force;
- Partner with our leadership teams in Sales and Finance to drive initiatives to transform the effectiveness of our sales programs;
- Drive a progressive and positive culture between UKI Sales and UKI Finance in effort to meet shared goals;
- Take full ownership for our UK commercial finance function;
- Accountable for month-end activities, issuing financial packs, leadership business review meetings and bi-weekly reforecast;
- Managing the production of the company’s growth strategy including financial evaluation and recommendations for potential acquisitions;
- Responsible for issuing and presenting the Monthly MI Packs (P&L & Cashflow);
- Providing commercial advice and guidance to the business directors and senior management team;
- Managed the annual strategic financial planning/ budget processes & quarterly forecasts;
- Lead & develop the 5-year strategic plan.
- An ability to challenge and operate effectively at a Leadership Team level;
- 10 years of collaborative commercial experience partnering sales and finance teams;
- High level of integrity;
- Having worked in a high growth and complex company with autonomy and ambiguity;
- Experience working with disruptive cloud/SaaS technology organisations;
- Self-motivated and able to thrive on expanding organisations;
- Understanding of direct and indirect sales methodologies;
- Successfully implemented change management strategies in partnership with leadership functions.