The Manager – Credit Risk Management manages the building of financial models that predict credit risk exposure to the organization. Develops and implements policies and procedures that reduce credit risk for a financial institution. Being a Manager – Credit Risk Management may require a master’s degree. Oversees the preparation of performance reports for management. In addition, Manager – Credit Risk Management typically reports to a head of a unit/department. The Manager – Credit Risk Management manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. Extensive knowledge of department processes. Working as a Manager – Credit Risk Management typically requires 5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. 1 to 3 years supervisory experience may be required.
Credit Risk Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Credit Risk Manager to join our team.
- Own various areas – risk-based pricing, persistent debt, etc;
- Mentor a team of analysts;
- Specialising in Account Management, aim to maximise commercial performance through the optimisation of strategies and processes;
- Supporting business development initiated by the front desk;
- Managing all applications for credit limits and internal credit ratings across a mix of banks, brokers, exchanges and commodity producers;
- Assist with compliance related tasks;
- To support Chief Compliance Officer (CCO) of the firm by conducting regulatory reporting and compliance monitoring;
- Maintaining and improving internal policies and rules regarding credit risk management;
- Responsibility for internal & external audit activities regarding credit risk management;
- Provide initial credit screening and pre-credit approval of each prospect;
- Perform credit risk assessment of companies from diverse industries;
- Monitoring the firm’s risk exposure on counterparties and providing analytical expertise to support day to day trading for the front officr;
- Work in collaboration with our credit insurance partners to obtain coverage on successful prospects;
- Make credit recommendations to the Credit Committee;
- Provide credit analysis for the sales team.
- Confidence presenting to credit committee;
- Direct experience working within Credit / Risk within the property finance sector;
- Highly organised & confident in managing own diary/pipeline to time manage key requirements accordingly;
- Highly analytical with excellent attention to detail;
- Ambitious and keen to grow with the bank;
- Ability to understand commercial business challenges to align these with risk targets;
- Effective documentation skills;
- Ability to manage multi-task;
- Ability to conduct proper and timely information sharing, consulting and reporting;
- Analytical ability with capability to confirm fact comprehensively and to examine logically;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.