Director of Finance & Accounting Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Director of Finance & Accounting to join our team.
- Researching position papers on technical accounting issues;
- Carrying out monthly financial analysis;
- Management of SOX controls, working with internal and external auditors to complete control testing;
- Business modelling including 5-year plans, cash flow statements and debt vs. equity positions;
- Assist with special projects and ad hoc reporting and analysis;
- Work closely with the Controller to ensure that all financial transactions are recorded in accordance with GAAP;
- Management of external audit;
- Preparation of SEC filings with Footnotes and MD&A documentation.
- Strong SEC skills for writing 10-K’s and 10-Q’s;
- Sound knowledge and experience with technical accounting issues, PCAOB requirements, GAAP and public filings;
- Well versed in developing and maintaining SOX controls;
- Proficient with Excel, and accounting software systems such as NetSuite;
- Experience with publicly traded companies is essential;
- BBA in Accounting/Finance, MBA preferred but not essential;
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience, with a Public/Private mix.