The Financial Accounting Manager evaluates and makes improvements to accounting processes while ensuring that practices comply with organization accounting policies and applicable laws and regulations. Manages various accounting functions including ledger maintenance, accounts payable, accounts receivable, revenue and asset accounting, as well as associated analysis and reporting. Being a Financial Accounting Manager requires a bachelor’s degree. Leads and directs accounting professional and support staff, including subordinate supervisors. In addition, Financial Accounting Manager may require CPA certification. Typically reports to a director or head of a unit/department. The Financial Accounting Manager manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. Extensive knowledge of department processes. Working as a Financial Accounting Manager typically requires 5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. 1 to 3 years supervisory experience may be required.
Financial Accounting Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Financial Accounting Manager to join our team.
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the Accounts Department; including credit control, accounts payable/ receivable and general ledger;
- Complete and process company staff expense claims;
- To validate VAT entries and liaise with the tax team;
- Maintain fixed asset records;
- Ownership of the Balance Sheet, and Financial accounting entries;
- Preparation of the annual statutory accounts for UK entities;
- To provide analysis on R&D project costs, to liaise with external consultants, project management team and tax team to coordinate the claim for R&D;
- Audit inputted information reconcile the Company bank accounts;
- To oversee the reconciliation of Clarity Project Management to the General Ledger, and to investigate differences to ensure alignment;
- To calculate entries to Work In Progress (WIP) from Clarity Project Management system, maintain and reconcile WIP records to general ledger;
- Complete Corporation Tax, EC Sales and VAT returns;
- Run the Company PAYE and Pension Auto-enrolment schemes;
- Regularly review the accounts processes to ensure tasks are completed efficiently and in line with the department processes;
- Write and implement the departmental development plan: Update the departmental handbook: Participate in the annual Company review;
- To produce amortisation & depreciation forecasts, plan and strategy plan, together with associated analysis and commentary as required.
- Able to work well under pressure, be adaptable and to manage change;
- Have AAT Level 3 as a minimum or have completed equivalent accredited training;
- Able to competently use Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and Sage Accounts packages.