Fundraising managers oversee campaigns and events intended to bring in donations for their organization. Many organizations that hire fundraising workers rely heavily on the donations they gather in order to run their operations.
Fundraising Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Fundraising Manager to join our team.
- Develop a comprehensive rolling programme of targeted and specific funding applications, increasing our average grant amount;
- Raise significant funds in the form of grants from charitable trusts, foundations and statutory bodies, and donations from individuals and companies;
- Maintain the prospect pipeline, submitting and tracking applications and liaising with grant-making bodies at all stages of the process;
- To oversee manage and implement development plan, including liaison with the Visit Co-ordinator;
- Develop a new individual giving and corporate supporter engagement program;
- In a support capacity maintain a pipeline of Trust prospects as per an agreed portfolio of Trusts;
- Develop a new individual giving and corporate supporter engagement programme;
- To develop and maintain a databank of funding resources;
- To support other departments with the research and preparation of major funding bids;
- To manage a personal portfolio of identified high value Grant Making Trusts;
- Applicants must have experience of fundraising from Grant Making Trusts as a minimum;
- Build on relationships with existing trust supporters, writing reports to meet deadlines and submitting further applications for funding.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills;
- Proactive and confident in using own initiative and prioritising workloads;
- Strong Networking skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills – confidence to galvanise support of Trustees, colleagues and supporters;
- Good IT, particularly database, skills;
- Creative thinking and problem solving.