The Head of Business Development is responsible for developing new market initiatives, assessing new markets, and analyzing business opportunities. Plans and directs all aspects of an organization’s business development policies, objectives, and initiatives. Being a Head of Business Development may also be accountable for licensing initiatives and programs; duties include negotiating contracts, initiating proposals, and closing deals. Conducts financial feasibility studies and develops proposals for new business opportunities. In addition, Head of Business Development requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to top management. The Head of Business Development manages a business unit, division, or corporate function with major organizational impact. Establishes overall direction and strategic initiatives for the given major function or line of business. Has acquired the business acumen and leadership experience to become a top function or division head.
Head Of Business Development Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Head Of Business Development to join our team.
- To win and retain profitable business from your clients (a mixture of insurance Brokers and MGA Insurers);
- Create and deliver a sales and distribution strategy to successfully grow the business across the product lines detailed above;
- Manage pipeline, and produce monthly performance reports and forecasts;
- Drive new business leads by developing and activating new business lead generation and prospecting plans;
- Work closely with marketing to help generate new business and business development;
- Design and implement a Business Fundraising and Marketing Strategy for Living Sport;
- Help and challenge prospects to find the best technology solution;
- Identify, develop and implement medium – long-term new business opportunities;
- Counsels and HR to share information on Flex for Legal;
- Understand and identify client and prospect needs;
- Respond to RFPs/Tenders in a timely and highly accurate manner;
- Lead from the front: be an active prospector;
- Tailor solutions and sales activities to customer demographics;
- Build long-term trust-based relationships with clients;
- Identifying and approaching external General.
- Strong and confident individual who can work with the owners as an equal;
- Advertising sales & business development experience which includes lead generation, forecasting, territory management, and pipeline management;
- Strong leader, excellent communicator and a team builder;
- Ability to design strategic sales plans – backed up by evidence based claims;
- Successful record of sales and business development in print and digital media;
- Bachelor’s degree – History of Art/Graphic design;
- Excellent presentation and writing skills;
- Sales and Business Development;
- Head Of Business Development;
- Provide outstanding levels of Customer Service, through building and maintaining long term relationships to ensure repeat business;
- Attend and participate at conferences and trade shows and follow-up on contacts made during these events;
- Prepare and present the company’s core services and capabilities to new and existing clients;
- Experience growing and scaling a successful outbound focused Sales Development team;
- Experience at a fast-growing company;
- Participate in the development of plans for service promotion in support of our sales and marketing objectives.