Head of Corporate Development Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Head of Corporate Development to join our team.
- Creation and delivery of a strategy for corporate engagement, to deliver income and value growth;
- Create presentations, pitches, proposals and marketing collateral; and to lead on new business pitches and meetings when appropriate;
- Set operational plans and budgets for the team;
- Lead the team to deliver new corporate sponsors, members and partners;
- Drive multi-year, high level sponsorship to support growth;
- Achieve the agreed financial targets and operating within the expenditure budget for corporate partnerships;
- Lead and manage the corporate function including setting targets and continuing to build a high performance culture;
- You can work autonomously and take ownership. We thrive with the space and responsibility to solve problems;
- You operate best without lots of bureaucracy. We don’t hide behind fancy job titles or clunky processes ‘because that’s how things are done’;
- You approach work in a logical way. We are not afraid to make mistakes but we use data and logic to backup decisions and improve understanding;
- And you share our mission to improve people’s relationship with their money;
- From employee 1 to employee 1400, you will be slotting into a global team that shares a number of traits.
- Experience of line managing and developing a team;
- Proven track record of income generation against targets;
- Experience of securing new corporate income from prospecting to partnership at a high level;
- First class communication skills, both written and verbal as well as excellent presentation ability;
- Experience of developing corporate development strategies that maximise fundraising income;
- Significant experience of corporate fundraising, corporate sponsorship, or solution based sales;
- Proven ability to secure, maintain and grow strong and profitable high value, multi-year corporate relationships;
- Experience of developing strategic partnerships;
- Ability to negotiate and influence opinion effectively internally and externally.