Head of Planning Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Head of Planning to join our team.
- Provides trend analysis and alternative workaround strategies to ensure schedule compliance;
- Generating high-quality project reports and presentations as required by key stakeholders including joint venture partners;
- Leading and managing an effective planning function, supporting projects and operations, to deliver the long term business objectives;
- Responsible for integrating all delivery partner, strategic supplier and bulk material schedules;
- Understanding the overall project strategy and converting this into a strategic plan for the planning function;
- Coordinating schedule risk analysis of internally generated and contractor generated schedules.
- Stakeholder management skills to work with joint venture partners, project teams and contractors;
- Ability to collaborate and interface diverse work streams to an integrated project plan;
- Advanced level of skill in Primavera P6, MS Excel and proficient with MS Office;
- Experience working in construction sites within / Rail / Nuclear / Power / Water sectors;
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with diverse business drivers and variables;
- Proven Risk Management and Change Management capability;
- Proven team leadership skills including coaching and mentoring;
- Developing applications of digital techniques to meet the client’s requirements;
- Assigning priorities to tasks;
- Production of client requirements to high standards;
- Manage the budget and cashflow for the department;
- Creative when facing problems and be dynamic when problem solving;
- Be the first to know about our latest roles by following us on Twitter;
- Develop and improve programme robustness through the business ensuring our programme delivery is best in class;
- Building and maintaining internal and external relationships.