Head of PR Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Head of PR to join our team.
- Responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with key journalists;
- Responsible for creating and delivering the UK Consumer PR strategy for the business across various product lines;
- You will lead and motivate a team of 8, plus a PR agency to deliver against your strategy;
- Build relationships across the business and different business areas, acting as a trusted Comms advisor to senior leaders;
- Work with the European VP to develop corporate CSR strategy for Europe and implement the new direction for the UK business;
- Manage PR budget;
- Proving strategic communications advice to senior clients;
- Collaborating with the agency’s creative, planning, sponsorship and social teams;
- Define and launch a distinctive new Consumer PR offer for Pitch Marketing Group that will make an immediate impact in the UK consumer PR industry;
- Recruiting, mentoring and developing the best PR talent in the UK market;
- Financial management of the PR division’s P&L;
- Overseeing and developing the agency’s influencer marketing and digital PR offering.
- A background in working for a global well-known consumer brand is required;
- Proven experience in PR, specifically consumer PR although some corporate comms experience is highly desirable too;
- Commercially astute and able to represent business at a senior level;
- Strong writing skills;
- Prior budget management experience;
- Strong stakeholder management/relationship building skills;
- Prior line management experience.