The Head of Sales and Marketing directs planning, forecasting, marketing program development, partner relationship development, collateral material development and customer satisfaction initiatives. Plans and directs all aspects of an organization’s marketing and sales policies, objectives, and initiatives. Being a Head of Sales and Marketing identifies key marketing outlets and competitive strategies that will enable achievement of maximum sales volume. Establishes short and long term sales goals and quotas in line with corporate objectives. In addition, Head of Sales and Marketing requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to top management. The Head of Sales and Marketing manages a business unit, division, or corporate function with major organizational impact. Establishes overall direction and strategic initiatives for the given major function or line of business. Has acquired the business acumen and leadership experience to become a top function or division head.
Head of Sales & Marketing Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Head of Sales & Marketing to join our team.
- Maximise the opportunity from GWR’s owned marketing/ retail channels, maintaining and developing new online services to meet business needs;
- Champion the role of marketing within GWR, building strong relationships with other internal stakeholders and industry partners;
- Provide management oversight and control of a Customer Relationship Management tool;
- Assess and shape new business opportunities to develop a robust pipeline out to ten years to underpin the Long Range Business Plan (LRBP);
- Work with the Sales & Marketing Operations Manager to plan resource requirements and manage costs;
- Lead and manage the Capture Team Leads to run effective, efficient capture campaigns, delivering win rates beyond the market average;
- Deliver regular and effective new business and pipeline reviews to the Sales Director and BDUK Leadership Team;
- Provide clear, concise and value-added management reports in support of executive meeting planning / briefing;
- Build strategic relationships with customers and internally across Boeing;
- Achieve and/or exceed annual targets;
- Support the Sales Director provide oversight to all customer engagement;
- Leverage Boeing capabilities and work with core functions across the business to qualify future pipeline opportunities;
- Understand the UK defence acquisition process;
- Build a detailed understanding of future Defence requirements, budgets, planning;
- Lead the approval process by advocating the customer requirements and selling the business case.
- Creating a great experience with all customers who call or visit our showroom and always be willing to go the extra mile;
- Can work in the Central Belt area;
- HND or Degree in Marketing;
- Experience of Product Launches, Marketing Campaigns, Digital Marketing and Social Media;
- Ambitious, financially motivated and results-driven, who works well under pressure;
- Great communications skill (Both written and verbal);
- At least 5 – 10 years of a proven track record in sales and marketing;
- Passion for environmentally-friendly technologies;
- Demonstrable experience of the use of coaching and development skills;
- Ability to adapt style and interact at all levels, maintaining credibility, professionalism and gravitas;
- Effective cost control and budget management capabilities;
- The ability to develop detailed operational plans and turn them into a long–term distribution strategy;
- Extensive knowledge of the specialist mortgage intermediary markets with wide ranging existing relationships with mortgage intermediaries;
- Innovative thinker.