Marketing Communication Manager creates, implements, and oversees communications programs that effectively describe and promote the organization and its products including graphics, brochures, company or product fact sheets, logos, or other promotional products. Manages the research and development of content for publication of products. Being a Marketing Communication Manager creates informative and timely content. Manages information dissemination. Additionally, Marketing Communication Manager oversees the preparation of presentations and/or speeches. May require a bachelor’s degree in marketing or public relations. Typically reports to a head of a unit/department. The Marketing Communication Manager manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. To be a Marketing Communication Manager typically requires 5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. 1 – 3 years supervisory experience may be required. Extensive knowledge of the function and department processes.
Marketing and Communications Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Marketing and Communications Manager to join our team.
- Responsible for ensuring consistency of messaging and branding – across assigned product segments in support of overriding business unit strategy;
- Act as a guardian of the brand and image;
- Develop relationships with target media representatives;
- Manage and monitor annual communications budget;
- Proactive seeking of interesting and engaging news stories to be promoted externally;
- Development of the Department’s social media;
- Building and delivering multi-channel marketing campaigns including email marketing, social media, content marketing, PPC, SEO, and paid media;
- Managing third party agency relationships to deliver the overall strategy;
- Supporting the development and delivery of the internal communications strategy, working with the HR Director;
- Monitoring, reporting, and evaluating marketing effectiveness;
- Overseeing the delivery of events, from breakfast mornings to large scale conferences;
- Contribute to the strategic planning of an annual plan marketing communications activity to achieve company objectives;
- Coordinate and brief PR agency and other third party agencies where required;
- Develop a community placemaking strategies;
- Liaise with relevant media contacts to amplify PR content and maximise media coverage.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in marketing, corporate communications, or medical device product management;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications or other related business field;
- Up to 25%
- Knowledge of Google analytics;
- Strong written communication skills;
- Excellent organisational and time management skills;
- Experience running social media accounts, including Twitter and LinkedIn;
- Strong time management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines;
- Strong IT skills – Microsoft Office, mass-email platforms, and databases (CRM);
- A passion for politics, corporate affairs and public policy;
- Marketing degree desired;
- Excellent understanding of the core marketing disciplines and what each can deliver;
- Minimum 2:1 Bachelor’s degree or similar;
- Experience in a 360 marketing management role – preferably in a;
- At least five years’ experience working on marketing or PR campaigns or similar.