Mechanical Design Team Leader Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Mechanical Design Team Leader to join our team.
- You will develop and embed new design and PLM tools, together with promoting improvements to design practices;
- You will be prepared to travel internationally;
- You will manage all mechanical design workload through your team, and establish a regular rhythm for control and prioritisation;
- You will provide an initial escalation route for prioritisation issues;
- You will develop and manage assigned departmental budgets, and contribute to annual budget cycle;
- You will work closely with established global design resources to augment your internal team;
- You will perform day to day team management, including administration of holidays, time-keeping, labour vouchering, etc.
- BEng in Mechanical Engineering or related subjects, or equivalent vocational experience;
- Demonstrated engineering acumen in a broad range of mechanical disciplines, including rotating machinery or composite materials;
- Strong experience in a mechanical design role, with proven leadership experience.