The National Accounts Manager typically work with national accounts and other strategically important clients. Develops relationships with the largest and most complex clients in order to increase revenue. Being a National Accounts Manager has detailed knowledge of products and services being offered and ensures that products and services consistently meet client needs. Pursues relationships with potential new accounts and seeks business expansion opportunities with current clients. In addition, National Accounts Manager visits client locations periodically to ensure client satisfaction and promote ongoing contract renewal. Provides sales quotations and responds to requests for proposals. Typically requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Being a National Accounts Manager works autonomously. Goals are generally communicated in “solution” or project goal terms. May provide a leadership role for the work group through knowledge in the area of specialization. Works on advanced, complex technical projects or business issues requiring state of the art technical or industry knowledge. Working as a National Accounts Manager typically requires 10+ years of related experience.
national account manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a national account manager to join our team.
- Setting terms of trade for each account;
- Monitor sales and take corrective action where necessary;
- Prepare relevant sales presentation materials and briefs;
- Carry out such additional duties as may become necessary from time to time to ensure the smooth running of the company;
- Developing and implementing customer strategies;
- Growing distribution and gaining real traction;
- Upholding the brand values driving growth through the heartland accounts;
- Identify and engage with key stakeholders in accounts;
- Successfully launching the brands portfolio into new customers and providing excellent customer service;
- Building and managing strong relationships;
- Development of P&Ls;
- Proactive approach to identify new business opportunities and to take responsibility to drive them through the business;
- Total P&L responsibility;
- Ensuring knowledge of the company’s products is continuously up to date;
- Gather and communicate relevant account information.
- A self-starter who can work independently and use initiative;
- Commercial experience of retail / Channels customers would be an advantage;
- Educated to degree level or equivalent (Business/Marketing desirable);
- A go-getter. Someone that isn’t afraid to get stuck in with the team and learn as they go;
- Understanding of retailer operations across a broad spectrum of channels;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Able to work well within a team;
- Knowledge of the IT/Security or Technology industries;
- Confident communication skills both verbally and written with internal and external teams;
- High competency with Excel and PowerPoint;
- Prevous experience working within food or drinks background;
- A passion within sports and fitness is a must – we love what we do;
- Demonstrable negotiation and interpersonal skills are required;
- First class customer service skills and the ability to adapt;
- Project management experience would be an advantage.