The Risk Management Operations Manager initiates policies to comply with safety legislation and industry practices. Develops and administers risk-management and loss-prevention programs. Being a Risk Management Operations Manager acts as the liaison to attorneys, insurance companies and individuals, investigating any incidences that may result in asset loss. Researches and reports on the most cost effective plans to minimize asset liability. In addition, Risk Management Operations Manager reviews and analyzes risk management programs for the effectiveness of coverage and to reduce costs and losses. Requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to top management. The Risk Management Operations Manager manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. Extensive knowledge of department processes. Working as a Risk Management Operations Manager typically requires 5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. 1 to 3 years supervisory experience may be required.
Operational Risk Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Operational Risk Manager to join our team.
- Maintain both the risk event and risk issues logs, monitoring progress and escalating as required;
- Assist first line in the preparation and documentation of their Risk and Control Assessments (RCAs) for all areas within the Bank;
- Assist first line with the investigation of Risk Events and preparation of reports;
- Compile the monthly MI reporting for the Risk Management Committee;
- Undertake and document Control Assurance Testing (CAT) linked to RCAs & risk events;
- Support business development activity including proposals, client events, thought leadership and presenting at external seminars;
- Lead reviews of operational risk management frameworks and recommend improvements;
- Reviewing clients operational risk function with a specific focus on risk and control self-assessments (RCSAs);
- Start-up support for banks on the identification and implementation of their operational risk requirements;
- Create appropriate policies & procedures to support the business in meeting its objectives;
- Ensure engagements are well managed and commercially viable including budgeting effectively and billing clients promptly;
- Leading and building relationships with senior client stakeholders;
- Challenge and test the key of Operational Risk;
- Create risk management reports and deliver to your senior stakeholders;
- Leading reviews of operational risk management frameworks and providing focused recommendations to clients.
- Excellent report writing and presentational skills;
- Demonstrable experience of prudential regulation, including a detailed knowledge of UK regulatory requirements;
- Prudential regulatory experience with a focus on operational risk;
- Strong analytical skills, including financial analysis;
- Experience in operational risk modelling and assessment of Pillar 2A is required;
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with senior stakeholders;
- Framework experience;
- 3 – 7 years of Operational Risk experience;
- Track record of delivering complex prudential projects to a high standard;
- Communication skills;
- Ability to lead and develop a team;
- Track record of delivering complex prudential projects to a high quality standard;
- Ability to lead and development a team.