The Manager of Philanthropy represents the company in all activities associated with volunteer activities and the community. Manages and coordinates the organization’s corporate giving and volunteer programs. Being a Manager of Philanthropy requires a bachelor’s degree. Communicates corporate policies to organizations seeking support. In addition, Manager of Philanthropy typically reports to a head of a unit/department. The Manager of Philanthropy manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. Extensive knowledge of department processes. Working as a Manager of Philanthropy typically requires 5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. 1 to 3 years supervisory experience may be required.
Philanthropy Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Philanthropy Manager to join our team.
- Achieving against income targets in mid-donor tier;
- Stewarding of key donors ensuring agreed benefits are met;
- Line management of Patrons Officer;
- Tailor approaches to individual donors for projects across all aspects of the Gallery;
- Creating proposals for a range of activities to secure funding for projects;
- Supporting the Head of department in strategy development and implementation;
- Securing income from mid to major supporters;
- Providing briefing notes to managers on key donors;
- Creating a varied programme of supporter events;
- Participation in devising and executing supports events;
- Identifying and engaging new individual donors in the UK and in key overseas locations;
- Overseeing the development and delivery of the organisation’s fundraising strategy;
- Identifying, approaching & securing new donors;
- Budget tracking;
- Updating CRM databases with relevant information.
- Excellent written skills, knowledge of proposal development, and the creation of compelling communications for donors;
- An understanding of Supporter Databases with excellent IT skills including Word, Excel and Powerpoint.