PR & Communications Officer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a PR & Communications Officer to join our team.
- Posting and updating some information on the company website;
- Promoting the work of The Salvation Army in the media through traditional, digital and social media channels;
- Delivering national news stories and features to achieve national media broadcast, print and digital channel coverage;
- Updating and maintaining staff intranet;
- Support the production of the monthly staff bulletins and other regular communications to teams;
- Monitoring and managing/signposting communications through the Press and Communications email inboxes;
- Supporting in the compilation of messages into readable and engaging copy and ensure consistency and accuracy;
- Supporting colleagues to deliver and implement external communication strategies and insightful evaluation.
- Responding enquiries, press releases and the media;
- Producing copy for a range of communications materials, including press releases, newsletters, leaflets and the web;
- Assisting with marketing projects and campaigns, preparing newsletters, posters and presentations;
- Managing the social media accounts and carrying out website updates;
- Acting as a brand guardian to maintain and build the organisations reputation;
- Supporting the external relations team in the planning, development, delivery and evaluation of engagement and external communications activities;
- Supporting event management;
- You will have a good understanding of social media and be able to upload content to the web;
- Involved in all areas of communications, web content writing and producing copy;
- Acting as the main point of contact for trainee PR/media queries.