The Principal Digital Design Engineer participates in all phases of physical design including floor planning, clock synthesis, timing optimization and signal integrity. Responsible for the digital design of integrated circuits and related development. Being a Principal Digital Design Engineer requires knowledge of tools such as BIST, Verilog, IDDQ, and IC Design scripting language. Generates functional and design specifications, defines module interfaces, conducts design reviews and participates in design implementation. In addition, Principal Digital Design Engineer requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to manager. Being a Principal Digital Design Engineer works autonomously. Goals are generally communicated in “solution” or project goal terms. May provide a leadership role for the work group through knowledge in the area of specialization. Works on advanced, complex technical projects or business issues requiring state of the art technical or industry knowledge. Working as a Principal Digital Design Engineer typically requires 10+ years of related experience.
Principal Digital Design Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Principal Digital Design Engineer to join our team.
- Performance and power verification and validation of Tenstorrent’s IP and SOC;
- Architecture of Tenstorrent’s IP blocks including aggressive optimization for performance, power, and area;
- Contribution to verification of Tenstorrent’s IP and SOC logic;
- Implementation of Tenstorrent IP RTL logic in Verilog.
- Deep and broad understanding of processor/computer architecture;
- Comfortable with C++
- Expert knowledge of Hardware Description Languages (Verilog/VHDL);
- Versatility, independent thinking, and general ability to get things done;
- 15+ years of experience working on high performance IP and ASIC designs;
- Knowledge and understanding of the full ASIC design flow.