Residential Property Manager I manages the daily operations of one or more residential properties or communities. Oversees sales/leasing, tenant relations, maintenance, and other support activities. Being a Residential Property Manager I may be responsible for managing property budgets, collections and/or property improvement initiatives. May require a bachelor’s degree in related area. Additionally, Residential Property Manager I typically reports to a head of a unit/department. The Residential Property Manager I supervises a group of primarily para-professional level staffs. May also be a level above a supervisor within high volume administrative/ production environments. Makes day-to-day decisions within or for a group/small department. Has some authority for personnel actions. To be a Residential Property Manager I typically requires 3-5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. Thorough knowledge of functional area and department processes.
Residential Property Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Residential Property Manager to join our team.
- Submitting and dealing with insurance claims in accordance with the correct procedure;
- Liaising and communicating with clients, residents, contractors and on-site staff, both verbally and in writing, as required;
- Obtain quotations for and implement recommendations contained in health and safety reports;
- To co-ordinate and oversee refurbishment project;
- Periodic site visits;
- Raising and authorising invoices for payment;
- To arrange routine and emergency maintenance during a tenancy;
- Carry out management visits and meet contractors to obtain quotes for refurbishment;
- Meet with new contractors, obtain public liability insurance and load onto Aspasia Archive files;
- To carry out pre-tenancy works;
- End tenancy on Aspasia;
- Arranging meetings, preparing required paperwork and booking venues if required;
- Action works required after site visits;
- Seeking quotations and issuing instructions for maintenance work, and confirming that they have been satisfactorily completed;
- Attendance at occasional client meetings (some after working hours).
- Maintain high occupancy across the portfolio;
- Undertake check-in/check-out appointments and periodic inspections;
- Process new lettings, lease renewals and rent increases;
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a lettings Negotiator/Residential property manager;
- Maintain total regulatory compliance and accurate records;
- Experienced in Managing residential properties.