Retail Area Manager manages and leads retail store managers in a given geographic area to maximize sales and profitability. Develops and implements policies for area stores. Being a Retail Area Manager typically requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to a District Store Manager. The Retail Area Manager manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. To be a Retail Area Manager typically requires 5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. 1 – 3 years supervisory experience may be required. Extensive knowledge of the function and department processes.
Retail Area Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Retail Area Manager to join our team.
- Ensure all retail environments are clean and welcoming and trading hours are adhered to;
- To ensure the all retail units are cost neutral within 9-12months;
- Any other duties that may reasonably fall within the purview of the job;
- Overseeing management of all retail units including all aspects of retail overheads/costs;
- Lead on the recruitment/selection and development of staff and volunteers;
- Develop collaboration between all retail units and the clinic, working closely with the Branch Manager;
- Develop and evolve the selling solutions and product management within all retail units;
- Demonstrate an awareness and understanding of all RSPCA and Branch policies and procedures;
- Lead on/manage the coaching, training, development and evaluation of all retail staff and volunteers;
- To review Prettygate retail operations, propose and implement objectives that turnaround performance including but not limited to locational review;
- Develop retail strategy to incorporate stabilising performance and growth in line with Branch objectives;
- To let the Branch Manager and/or Trustees know of any issues or concerns.
- Benchmarks Training;
- Manager’s Training Planner;
- Service Standards;
- Manager’s Handbook.