Retail Store Manager manages the day-to-day operations of a retail store. Has responsibility of staffing, store compliance, inventory management, and promotion. Being a Retail Store Manager maintains and oversees accuracy of records associated with cash, receipts, inventories, and employee attendance. May require a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent. Additionally, Retail Store Manager typically reports to a senior manager. The Retail Store Manager manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. Extensive knowledge of department processes. To be a Retail Store Manager typically requires 5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. 1 to 3 years supervisory experience may be required.
Retail Store Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Retail Store Manager to join our team.
- 6 Be the designated shop key holder, opening and closing the premises for trading hours and responding to emergency call out if and when necessary;
- Retail Management experience would be advantageous;
- IT skills – Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.