Revenue managers work in financial management, monitoring room sales and reservations, overseeing accounting and cash-flow matters at the hotel, projecting occupancy levels, and deciding which rooms to discount and when to offer special rates.
Revenue Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Revenue Manager to join our team.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills;
- Analytical approach to problem solving and demonstrated ability to “think outside of the box”;
- Create and deliver strong and attractive bedrooms sales/promotion strategies to increase occupancy;
- Collaborate with the revenue team to ensure that corporate initiatives and goals are met;
- Own the revenue management system across the group;
- Producing monthly management accounts including month-end journal entries and analysis;
- Complete weekly projections and forecasts;
- Update, analyse and communicate group reports to ensure the hotel is correctly positioned for each market segment;
- Analyse, interpret, and explain statistical data to develop strategies and plan a course of action;
- Outline key areas of risk on future revenue growth;
- Optimising and exceeding revenue targets;
- Manage day to day inventory;
- Participate in preparing budgets and business plans;
- Assisting in systems implementation and development;
- Deputise for Head of Revenue Management.
- Be a self-motivator and someone who is ready to challenge in the interest of continuous improvement;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Have the ability to manage in a diverse and luxury environment;
- Be friendly, approachable and professional;
- Excellent level of English;
- Strong analytical and numerical skills with a high attention to detail;
- Have strong organisational and time management skills with a high degree of flexibility;
- Have a passion for your work and the ability to innovate, with a proven track record within 5 star luxury hotels;
- Knowledge of revenue management systems;
- Track record of driving continuous improvement;
- Self-starter and strong communication skills;
- Experience within a high data volume and fast paced business;
- Strong excel skills;
- High level of numeracy is required together with a good understanding of financial workings;
- Strong analytical mindset.