The Accounting Assistant, Senior reviews, codes, and verifies transactions and journal entries. Performs a range of routine accounting activities such as maintenance of the general ledger, preparation of various accounting statements and financial reports. Being an Accounting Assistant, Senior completes simple and complex calculations and assists with trial balances. Researches and resolves issues and exceptions. In addition, Accounting Assistant, Senior may also process accounts payable and receivable transactions. May be responsible for the processing of a group of accounts and is a resource for less experienced clerks. Has a deep understanding of bookkeeping and accounting principles. Is proficient with spreadsheets and other software tools. Typically requires a high school diploma or its equivalent. Typically reports to the Manager or the Supervisor. Being an Accounting Assistant, Senior has gained proficiency in multiple competencies relevant to the job. Works independently within established procedures associated with the specific job function. Working as an Accounting Assistant, Senior typically requires 3-5 years of related experience.
Senior Accounts Assistant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Accounts Assistant to join our team.
- General client support work;
- Accounts preparation for sole traders, partnerships and Limited Companies;
- Preparation, and ideally submission, of related tax computations and returns;
- Dealing with client enquiries;
- Bank reconciliations;
- Purchase ledger;
- Assisting with month end (journals/accruals/prepayments);
- Creating reports;
- Morning banking;
- Sales ledger;
- Must have at least 3 years accounting experience;
- Able to meet deadlines;
- Have good attention to detail;
- MUST have STRONG IT skills – Excel (pivot tables and VLOOKUP’s);
- MUST have manufacturing experience;
- MUST be AAT qualified or above;
- MUST have experience with ERP systems.