Service Delivery Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Service Delivery Manager to join our team.
- To be hands-on and technically minded in effectively dealing with IT service incidents, requests, problems and changes;
- Build relationships with internal stakeholders across various departments: Service, Operations, Project Management Infrastructure;
- Consult with clients regarding strategic, organisational and operational challenges;
- Create KPI reports to review service performance and drive customer satisfaction;
- Manage client operational technical teams to ensure timely and accurate completion of operational maintenance;
- Manage customer accounts for service & new business;
- Manage ongoing customer satisfaction;
- Service Desk Management – Managing the activities of the 2nd line application support;
- Participate in service design and modelling initiatives to effectively support service growth in line with Managed Services strategic growth agenda;
- Uses best practices and knowledge of internal and external business issues to improve products/services or processes;
- Assist with the launch of new Managed Services;
- Manage the relationship and performance of third party suppliers and resources when needed;
- Availability Management – Maintenance windows agreed with the business, key services;
- Configuration management – Architect and creation of reliable database;
- Work alongside other departments to ensure excellent customer service.
- Understanding financial information;
- 5 – 10 years IT technical and service delivery management experience;
- Managed services and cloud based supplier management experience;
- Coaching and mentoring style of approach when working within own team and with others;
- The ability to make sound judgements in performing work tasks. Excellent understanding of the importance of business processes and compliance.?
- Awareness and interest in new technology / processes (Required);
- Experience of managing suppliers and resources as outsourced contracts when needed;
- The proven ability to write succinct reports on adherence to SLAs, learnings and improvements for the way forward;
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in an externally facing SDM role;
- The ability to build strong collaborative internal and external relationships;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Be competent to a high level of computer literacy;
- Excellent communication, customer presentation and customer relationship building skills;
- ITIL certification would be a distinct advantage;
- Experience of leadership and people management; able to pull together separate teams to deliver a co-ordinated result.